The SPA 122 is setup to be a router from the factory. If you are using this device to bridge between your pre-existing network and an existing device, it is recommended that the device be placed into bridge mode. This can be accomplished by following the steps below.
- Connect a computer to the Ethernet port on the back of the device.
- From that computer open an Internet window and enter the following URL: http://192.168.15.1/
- When prompted for login information use the following. Username: admin Password: 13579
- Choose Network Setup > Basic Setup > Network Service. The Network Service page opens:
- Choose the desired networking service operated by ATA from the Networking Service drop-down list. The available options are defined as follows:
- NAT — NAT is a function that allows multiple devices on a private network to share a public, routable IP address to establish connections over the Internet. NAT is required to enable VoIP. Choose this option if the ATA connects to one network on the WAN port and another network through the LAN port.
Bridge — Bridge mode is used when Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) acts as a bridge device to another router or network on its LAN port.
- Click Submit to save the settings.
Note: Changing Network Service will cause the device to be disconnected from the network for a few minutes.
- Click OK to confirm rebooting the device to successfully change the Network Service. Router will reboot automatically and download the appropriate configuration information.